16 replies to this topic

#1 winter

Advanced Member

• Donor
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationIngham county

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:49 PM

Just wondering if anyone has used these? Have you used other brands good or bad? Im looking for a cheaper tent for temporary use but dont want junk either. I see lots of brands on ebay and amazon for nice prices but its so hard to tell if its well made or not.

#2 bubblegrower

Horticultural Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:32 PM

I use the growlab tents and I love them.
http://www.4hydropon...No=growlabGL120

#3 aatest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 08:17 PM

Ive never grown in tents but did buy some of my very first indoor equipment from HTGSupply. They were very helpful at time of purchase and got my order right out, didnt really have a prob with any of the equipment except a cple of the 16in osc. fans which they gave me a total credit for with no probs whatsoever. Tents, I would imagine however, are a lil different what with some of the cheaper tents Ive seen causing off-gassing that kills plants and kills em fast, not to mention cheaper, thinner material will only lead to holes/tearing and light leaks etc. Spend the extra and go with a top of the line tent, just my "O". MGG

#4 Brandan

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 579 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 08:51 PM

I currently use a mother keeper tent I bought from them over a year ago
And I have no complaints with it :thumsupsmiley: I also must say they have very good customer service ..

#5 bubblegrower

Horticultural Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:44 PM

I agree mgg.. I would probably invest in 2x4's and panda film before I bought a budget tent.

#6 pepper

Up in smoke

• Administrators
  • 384 posts
  • LocationThe Aether

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:32 PM

I guess I'll be the dissenting voice here and say that the handful of purchases I've made from HTG since they opened a store nearby I have not been happy with. The stuff is discount, but it shows. I am currently in possession of an enormous carbon filter that is nothing but a waste of space in the corner of my basement because it doesn't work. If I was buying a tent, I'd probably steer away from HTG unless I had someone seriously vouching for their product. Just my $0.02.

#7 rockinlespaul

Advanced Member

• Donor
  • PipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:04 PM

I used the really big tent HTG offers for 2 years with no major problems.

It is made a little cheaper but you can't beat the price!

#8 caffeineforall

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:31 AM

I used multiple 4x4's and a few 4x8's from HTG. Zippers constantly jacked up. Light leaks in all the stitching. Poles snaped on installs.

Overall, terrible. Never bothered tony to try and replace them. I'm sure he probably would. I just said screw it and packed them away. I could still use em with a bit of repair, and the price was cheap so beggers can't be choosers.

If you absolutely CANT build, then go for it, but if you can build, for the same amount of money you will have a much better working room. Minus the nifty mylar walls.

#9 MasterKush

Advanced Member

• Donor
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:35 PM

I have seen the HTG tents up close and in my opinion the quality is shitty. I could see it working ok for veg and/or mothers but the one I saw leaked light really bad so it would be a no-go for flowering. I am not a big fan of tents in the first place but I do own one of the Secret Jardin Dark Rooms. I believe its the 5X5. Very good quality and easy setup/breakdown. Lots of ports and the zippers are higher quality than most ive seen. I would always prefer to build out but if a tent is a must for you I would recommend the Dark Room. My 2 cents...

#10 Willy

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 753 posts
  • LocationMidWest Michigan

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:37 PM

i also have one of them big ass can filters, worthless to say the least... im just to lazy to have to send the dam thing back, its under the house now , making a home for the mice.. maybe it wil stop the poop smell. lol sure don't stop the smell in the grow.. And like said above i had to send back a fan as well, broke out of the box. but they did replace it right away and paid shippin both ways.. so sort good but the products aren't all the highend for sure, remember you only get what you pay for. :)

#11 upbuds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:55 PM

If you want cheap go to HTG if you want Quality, go to Growco, better stuff and lower prices,

#12 Shredder

Advanced Member

• Donor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:58 PM

View Postbubblegrower, on 17 December 2011 - 10:44 PM, said:

I agree mgg.. I would probably invest in 2x4's and panda film before I bought a budget tent.

That is pretty much what I did, make a box out of wood. By the time I was done with just the box, I was in it for over $500 though. I had to insulate it because it sits in my garage, and it is made extra sturdy, but still wood ain't too cheap anymore. Totals with fans, ducts coming and going every witch way, lights, ballasts and so on is over two G's.......shredder

#13 tooldini

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:49 AM

My HTG carbon filter worked good for my 2 plants in a cabinet. No smell in laundry room but wife said it sounded like a plane taking off LOL but worked for smell

#14 pepper

Up in smoke

• Administrators
  • 384 posts
  • LocationThe Aether

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:02 AM

My HTG carbon filter didn't work for shit, except making sure the smell was well circulated throughout my entire house.

#15 Catfinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationYour next door neighbor

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

My 8X40 canfilter was a game changer & runs 24/7, along with a 8in canlight inside the flower room itself. Completely removed smell from 1300 sq ft. Zero smell in or outside. You definitely get what you pay for, and the fact that I had to make one trip, one time to get the right stuff sound like it made it cheaper than some of the cheap filters out there after all is said and done. Anyway, point is, Canfilter is tried and tested with 8" maxfans pulling air through them

#16 tgun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:59 PM

I have been wondering this myself. The " good" tents cost an arm and a leg. Ive been using panda film and love it but a tent would be nice for seed crops. Or some seeds allowed in a crop more like it. Might have a free for all occasionaly. Two sog gardens or one of each. Thinking 2, side by side on a flipflop. Or I could buy a house and build the perfect room but thats out a little ways yet. Haha

#17 barrelmaker

• Donor
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:27 PM

hTG tentis coming apart at the seams
My GrowLab which cost double and is smaller is still fully intact .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users